My work focuses on a few professional competencies which are described here and in the linked pages. In all of this work my job is to create, with you, safe and curious spaces where we can express and reflect on whatever spontaneously arises within and between sessions. As we explore your concerns and cultivate trust, our growing therapeutic relationship will allow long-standing patterns and perceptions to be lived out and examined. In these ways, each of these services yields lasting benefits for those who actively engage the therapeutic processes.
Philosophy and Approach: My advanced training is in contemporary forms of psychoanalysis including the early beginnings of infant observation. I believe that through a collaborative exploration of early beginnings, we have the capacity to gain the insight and the experiences needed to move forward in new and creative ways. The therapeutic relationship becomes the laboratory and the playground for learning to cope with personal feelings and relational wounds as well as create lasting capacities for authenticity in welcomed intimate connections with self and others.
- Individual Psychotherapy for Adults
- Relationship Therapy for Pre-Marital, Family & Couples Counseling
- Personality Assessment
- Community Group Presentations
- Clinical Consultation
A large portion of my services are invested in professionals and students who are in the Helping Professions, 12-Step Sponsorship, or Spiritual Direction. Many of my patients have tried previous attempts at psychotherapy and simply needed a more intensive treatment alliance.
Typical Areas of Focus
- Broken Trust
- Lont-term Depression and Anxiety
- Emotional Phobias
- Shame, Long-Standing Insecurity, Low Self-Esteem & A Critical Spirit
- Relational Dificulties, Envy, Resentment
- Addiction, Recovery and Codependency
- Personality Issues & Personal Growth
- Identity and Empathy Mal-Formation
- Men's Issues
- Women's Issues
- Trauma, Grief, Bereavement, Loss
You can set an initial appointment by calling me or pressing the Schedule An Appointment button located to the left.